Whether you love long-haul trips across borders or simple day trips around the city, we can all agree that the onset of warmer weather opens up all sorts of possibilities. From cruising through scenic drives and soaking in the wonders of the great outdoors to catching the next Insta worthy bites, we’ve got some ideas below to get your juices flowing and heart pumping.
SCENIC DRIVES AND A WHOLE LOT MORE.
Our home definitely lives up to the name Beautiful British Columbia when every corner of our province has something amazing to offer. From gorgeous views to unique cultural experiences, you’ll want to make more than one stop on our suggestions below.
- The Sea-to-Sky Highway - Surrounded by blue waters, soaring cliffs, and open skies, you'll pass through some notable stops such as Britannia Beach, Shannon Falls Provincial Park, the Stawamus Chief, Squamish, Sea to Sky Gondola, and Whistler Blackcomb. Plus, there are seven interpretive kiosks shaped in cedar-bark hats that allows you to learn about the First Nations history of the area.
- Dyke Road in Steveson - Christened with the name, Island City by Nature, Richmond is indeed an island city that is composed of 19 individual islands (26 before infilling reduced the numbers). There’s no shortage of waterfront views and the drive along Dyke Road is an amazing one. Starting from the Off-Leash dog park on the east to Steveston Village on the west, you’ll pass by the historic London Heritage Farm and end at the Gulf of Georgia Cannery National Historic Site.
- The Pacific Marine Circle Route - Just one look at the breathtaking panoramic views of Juan De Fuca will get your heart pumping. From beaches, old-growth forests, and BC’s second-largest wine region, to culinary delights that will send you into a gastronomic frenzy, this 255 km route has so much to offer.
- Vancouver to Tofino - From big city to big waves, you’re going to get your breath taken away once you hit those pacific shores. Touted as the surf capital of Canada that houses the Pacific Rim National Park, you’ll be able to soak up both the power of the old-growth forest and the ocean in one trip. Remember to take a quick stopover to Coombs on the way. It’s not every day that you see goats hanging out on the roof!
- The Hot Springs Circle Route - Cruising through BC's Kootenay Rockies region gets you face time with amazing culture, plenty of history, and some of the most stunning lakes and scenery. But, what’s even more special is that this route lets you soak in the healing powers of six hot springs including the Fairmont Hot Springs, Radium Hot Springs, Canyon Hot Springs, Nakusp Hot Springs, Halcyon Hot Springs, and Ainsworth Hot Springs.
PARKS, FOOD, AND HAPPY TIMES.
Good vibes, great places, and yummy eats are often connected. We’ve got a few special spots in and around the city for you to explore with your family and furry friends this spring.
- Fraser River Park - Just past the bridges off Marine Drive, there’s plenty of free parking and super dog-friendly too (off-leash dog park).
- Iona Beach Regional Park - With a beautiful jetty that stretches 4 kilometers into the ocean and an off-leash area on the lower roadway of the Iona Jetty, this is a sweet spot to visit for pups and hoomans alike.
- Terra Nova Adventure Play Environment - This isn’t your typical playground, it’s a play experience like no other. Sporting a gigantic tower, two adventurous slides, and various structures made from natural materials, the goal of the playground is to reconnect people with nature and have fun at the same time.
- Foodies Hot Spots - Bartholomew in Yaletown (Glamour Chic decor coupled with amazing food and atmosphere), Catfe (Vancouver’s Cat Cafe), and Lunch Lady (loved by celebrity chef, author, and travel documentarian, Anthony Bourdain).
Let us know of any other must-visit places and drives that you have discovered! We would love to share all the gems with our fellow MINIacs. As always, remember to tag us so we can send back some love your way
VALUE SERVICE PACKAGES AT MINI RICHMOND
Our Guide to Simple and Seamless Pre-Owned Car Shopping