WINTER WHEEL & TIRE PACKAGES
STARTING FROM: $959*
WHY DO I NEED TO INSTALL WINTER TIRES?
• Cold weather tires offer increased traction and control from temperatures 7°C and below.
• Winter tires have four times more traction than summer tires.
• With winter tires, you can stop up to 2 to 3 cars sooner (Source: Pirelli Tire Inc.).
• Between October 1 to April 30, certain roads in B.C. require vehicles to have winter tires installed. Learn more here.
WHEN SHOULD I INSTALL WINTER TIRES?
It is recommended you change to winter tires before the temperature hits 7°C.
HOW DO WINTER TIRES WORK?
- Blocks – sharper edges and closer spacing allow these Rubber “cells” to get a better grip on snow and ice.
- Tread – a more aggressive tread pattern maximizes contact with the road and increases traction.
- Symbol – the mountain/snowflake mark indicates that the tire meets specific snow traction performance requirements for severe winter conditions.
- Formulations – special rubber compounds enable the tread to remain soft and flexible at low temperatures.
- Grooves – because snow adheres to itself better than to rubber, narrow channels between blocks are used to trap snow in the tread, where it can stick to snow on the road.
- Sipes – abundance of tiny slits makes the tread more flexible and enhances traction on slippery surfaces.
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS OF MINI APPROVED WINTER TIRES?
As the main point of contact between your MINI and the road, tires play an integral role in your vehicle’s performance and handling abilities. MINI Approved Tires—developed by MINI in collaboration with industry-leading tire manufacturers—are carefully-crafted and meticulously tested to match your MINI’s exact specifications. The result? Maximum grip, optimized brake response, and an exceptional level of performance and safety on the road.
Pre-order your MINI Approved Cold Weather Wheel & Tire package today. Visit us in-store or call our Parts Team at 604.232.7878.
*Installation not included. Wheel & tire storage available at additional cost. Starting from price is based on the base 15" Steel Wheel on select MINI 3 Door, 5 Door and Convertible models.